One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time taken for a disk drive to locate the area on the disk where the data to be read is stored.
- ‘Further, optimizing the drives being backed up can help reduce the seek times required to locate the data that will be backed up.’
- ‘This, in turn, minimizes disk seek time and maximizes hard disk throughput.’
- ‘This reduces seek times and speeds up cache throughput.’
- ‘The slow seek time, throughput performance, media characteristics and sequential access nature of tapes and tape drives causes complexity, unreliability and limitations within existing backup systems.’
- ‘Maybe it would be best to interweave sectors from each of the two disks, but remember that the slowest operation on a disk drive is the track seek time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.