One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who deals in seeds as a profession.
- ‘One of the very real problems a seedsman has, for example, is in recommending a grass to the man who doesn't know what a sunny lawn is.’
- ‘I've been lucky enough to travel and learn how Europeans use celery, and as a seedsman and part-time breeder, I've grown celery - lots of it.’
- ‘This section provides useful information to collectors, handlers, seedsmen and nursery managers.’
- ‘Watson is a man of the land - a seedsman - equally at home cultivating the arts.’
- ‘The seedsmen claim that this has an improved range of colours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.