One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young plant, especially one raised from seed and not from a cutting.
- ‘Older plants exposed to cold stress showed damage quicker than the young seedlings.’
- ‘In a second experiment, intact seedlings were raised and treated as described above.’
- ‘Foresters plant seedlings that were grown in the nursery for a complete growing year.’
- ‘The farmers who needed the water decided to plant seedlings on the slopes above the spring.’
- ‘Similarly, it is always best to use new potting compost when sowing seeds or transplanting seedlings.’
- ‘Hot life seedlings are planted approximately two days after they leave the nursery.’
- ‘Therefore, it is believed that seeds or young seedlings may be less stress tolerant than adults.’
- ‘Plant a seedling next to each stake, and as the seedlings grow, coax them up the twine.’
- ‘In addition, winter annuals can usually be vernalized either as seeds or as seedlings.’
- ‘Their degradation happens only after a long period of rest when seeds germinate and seedlings start to grow.’
- ‘Browsing is an important mortality factor in seedlings and small plants.’
- ‘As well as that he has other papaya seedlings ready to plant out when the others are finished.’
- ‘If the rains are too hard, young plants and seedlings can be washed away.’
- ‘Seeds were germinated and seedlings were hydroponically grown as previously described.’
- ‘Leaves with the whole sheath attached were detached from the plant seedlings.’
- ‘Men prepare the land for planting and sow seeds, and women transplant rice seedlings.’
- ‘I wanted to plant out my lettuce seedlings, since they were too large to continue indoors.’
- ‘Any seedling or plant two to eight inches tall can be successfully transplanted.’
- ‘A few attempts were made to plant seedlings in the early years but these failed.’
- ‘Low activity for both promoters was also observed in the early stages of seed germination and in young seedlings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.