One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young plant, especially one raised from seed and not from a cutting.
- ‘In addition, winter annuals can usually be vernalized either as seeds or as seedlings.’
- ‘Hot life seedlings are planted approximately two days after they leave the nursery.’
- ‘I wanted to plant out my lettuce seedlings, since they were too large to continue indoors.’
- ‘Men prepare the land for planting and sow seeds, and women transplant rice seedlings.’
- ‘If the rains are too hard, young plants and seedlings can be washed away.’
- ‘Their degradation happens only after a long period of rest when seeds germinate and seedlings start to grow.’
- ‘In a second experiment, intact seedlings were raised and treated as described above.’
- ‘Therefore, it is believed that seeds or young seedlings may be less stress tolerant than adults.’
- ‘A few attempts were made to plant seedlings in the early years but these failed.’
- ‘Similarly, it is always best to use new potting compost when sowing seeds or transplanting seedlings.’
- ‘Browsing is an important mortality factor in seedlings and small plants.’
- ‘Plant a seedling next to each stake, and as the seedlings grow, coax them up the twine.’
- ‘Low activity for both promoters was also observed in the early stages of seed germination and in young seedlings.’
- ‘Any seedling or plant two to eight inches tall can be successfully transplanted.’
- ‘Leaves with the whole sheath attached were detached from the plant seedlings.’
- ‘The farmers who needed the water decided to plant seedlings on the slopes above the spring.’
- ‘As well as that he has other papaya seedlings ready to plant out when the others are finished.’
- ‘Older plants exposed to cold stress showed damage quicker than the young seedlings.’
- ‘Seeds were germinated and seedlings were hydroponically grown as previously described.’
- ‘Foresters plant seedlings that were grown in the nursery for a complete growing year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.