One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small pearl.
- ‘The gem-studded epaulettes are fringed with seed pearls.’
- ‘Two more seed pearls hung from her ear lobes while a white silk hairband restrained her curly hair.’
- ‘She also wore her mother's long white veil with a seed pearl and diamanté tiara, and carried a bouquet of lemon illios and cream Bianca roses in a teardrop effect.’
- ‘Her dress was of ivory silk, the bodice decorated with exquisite lace and tiny seed pearls.’
- ‘The bride wore an ivory A-line satin dress, with seed pearls embroidered down one side and a pleated waist.’
- ‘I had a black mourning gown sewn up for me and matching headdress with seed pearls.’
- ‘Kino has only a few seed pearls worth very little, and that will not pay the doctor's fee, so the servant closes the gates in Kino's face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.