One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small pearl.
- ‘The gem-studded epaulettes are fringed with seed pearls.’
- ‘Kino has only a few seed pearls worth very little, and that will not pay the doctor's fee, so the servant closes the gates in Kino's face.’
- ‘Her dress was of ivory silk, the bodice decorated with exquisite lace and tiny seed pearls.’
- ‘I had a black mourning gown sewn up for me and matching headdress with seed pearls.’
- ‘The bride wore an ivory A-line satin dress, with seed pearls embroidered down one side and a pleated waist.’
- ‘Two more seed pearls hung from her ear lobes while a white silk hairband restrained her curly hair.’
- ‘She also wore her mother's long white veil with a seed pearl and diamanté tiara, and carried a bouquet of lemon illios and cream Bianca roses in a teardrop effect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.