One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appreciate the humorous aspect of a situation or experience.
- ‘He was always the first to see the funny side of any situation and his smile lit up any room he entered.’
- ‘Those who laugh out loud and see the funny side of difficult situations are far less likely to have a heart attack than humourless individuals, researchers found.’
- ‘His willingness to help everyone and his inspiring wit and ability to see the funny side of all situations was a trait of his personality that was very special to all.’
- ‘I suggest cultivating the ability to see the funny side of this situation, it's there if you look hard enough.’
- ‘Gerry was a wonderful conversationalist and always had the ability to see the funny side of any situation, and was well able to talk on a variety of topics with authority.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.