One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a tempting and attractive manner; enticingly.‘she smiled seductively at the guy and tossed her dark hair’‘a turquoise pool glitters seductively’
- ‘The film opens with a seductively funny scene.’
- ‘Set on the edge of an artificial lake, the building glistened seductively in the evening sun.’
- ‘This is a seductively bleak comedy performed entirely without words.’
- ‘Absolute power is a seductively powerful corrupter of even the noblest civil servants.’
- ‘They sang seductively to lure sailors and fishermen to their deaths.’
- ‘He makes profoundly political work which is seductively beautiful to look at.’
- ‘With all this mighty fine summer weather, the beach beckons so much more seductively than a computer.’
- ‘In 1931, he wrote a seductively sentimental autobiography.’
- ‘They are painted on small, almost square, wooden panels with seductively smooth surfaces.’
- ‘She is standing seductively in a doorway in order to attract his attention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.