1Relating to sediment.
- ‘This habitat is dominated by fine sedimentary material, brought into the estuary by the tidal flow, which forms the mud flats.’
- ‘Rifts typically also exhibit characteristic seismic and volcanic features, and contain thick sedimentary deposits.’
- 1.1Geology (of rock) that has formed from sediment deposited by water or air.
- ‘Why do we find petrified trees spanning supposedly millions of years of sedimentary strata?’
- ‘Above these sedimentary rocks is a sequence of interbedded alluvial floodplain deposits and palaeosols.’
- ‘The present juxtaposition of the two sedimentary basins may have resulted from two separate events.’
- ‘However, the fossil graveyard is a sedimentary basin where fossils would be concentrated.’
- ‘Seasonal temperature cycles resulted in the rhythmic deposition of sedimentary layers of varying density.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.