One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to sediment.
- ‘Rifts typically also exhibit characteristic seismic and volcanic features, and contain thick sedimentary deposits.’
- ‘This habitat is dominated by fine sedimentary material, brought into the estuary by the tidal flow, which forms the mud flats.’
- 1.1Geology (of rock) that has formed from sediment deposited by water or air.
- ‘Above these sedimentary rocks is a sequence of interbedded alluvial floodplain deposits and palaeosols.’
- ‘However, the fossil graveyard is a sedimentary basin where fossils would be concentrated.’
- ‘Seasonal temperature cycles resulted in the rhythmic deposition of sedimentary layers of varying density.’
- ‘Why do we find petrified trees spanning supposedly millions of years of sedimentary strata?’
- ‘The present juxtaposition of the two sedimentary basins may have resulted from two separate events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.