One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A software or operating-system patch that is intended to correct a vulnerability to hacking or viral infection.‘an email purporting to be a security patch from Microsoft support’
- ‘How many people have a grandma or brother that wouldn't know how, or couldn't be bothered, to download and apply a security patch?’
- ‘Ultimately, the only way to keep any browser safe is to make sure you download every security patch and update.’
- ‘And there's no way to uninstall the security patch, once installed.’
- ‘A couple of months ago, he saw an e-mail come in that asked his crew to install a network security patch.’
- ‘Microsoft recommends that system administrators ‘should apply the security patch immediately’, unusually forceful advice from the software giant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.