A software or operating-system patch that is intended to correct a vulnerability to hacking or viral infection.‘an email purporting to be a security patch from Microsoft support’
- ‘A couple of months ago, he saw an e-mail come in that asked his crew to install a network security patch.’
- ‘Ultimately, the only way to keep any browser safe is to make sure you download every security patch and update.’
- ‘And there's no way to uninstall the security patch, once installed.’
- ‘Microsoft recommends that system administrators ‘should apply the security patch immediately’, unusually forceful advice from the software giant.’
- ‘How many people have a grandma or brother that wouldn't know how, or couldn't be bothered, to download and apply a security patch?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.