An Internet server that encrypts confidential information supplied by visitors to web pages, thus protecting the confidentiality.
- ‘Storing customer information as encrypted data on a secure server would also be a good idea.’
- ‘Among OECD countries, Korea's availability of secure servers affecting encrypted transactions is relatively low.’
- ‘Visitors can donate money electronically or pay their membership dues online using National Alliance's secure server.’
- ‘What you need to add is a software solution, secure servers, and customer service.’
- ‘The onus is on webmasters to implement more of their site on secure servers.’
- ‘Patient records and financial details were downloaded from secure servers and put on two Dell desktop machines.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.