Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Internet server that encrypts confidential information supplied by visitors to web pages, thus protecting the confidentiality.
- ‘Storing customer information as encrypted data on a secure server would also be a good idea.’
- ‘Among OECD countries, Korea's availability of secure servers affecting encrypted transactions is relatively low.’
- ‘Visitors can donate money electronically or pay their membership dues online using National Alliance's secure server.’
- ‘What you need to add is a software solution, secure servers, and customer service.’
- ‘The onus is on webmasters to implement more of their site on secure servers.’
- ‘Patient records and financial details were downloaded from secure servers and put on two Dell desktop machines.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.