Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Internet server that encrypts confidential information supplied by visitors to web pages, thus protecting the confidentiality.
- ‘Among OECD countries, Korea's availability of secure servers affecting encrypted transactions is relatively low.’
- ‘Visitors can donate money electronically or pay their membership dues online using National Alliance's secure server.’
- ‘Patient records and financial details were downloaded from secure servers and put on two Dell desktop machines.’
- ‘Storing customer information as encrypted data on a secure server would also be a good idea.’
- ‘The onus is on webmasters to implement more of their site on secure servers.’
- ‘What you need to add is a software solution, secure servers, and customer service.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.