One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
insane, mentally ill, certifiable, deranged, demented, of unsound mind, out of one's mind, not in one's right mind, sick in the head, not together, crazy, crazed, lunatic, non compos mentis, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, stark mad, manic, frenzied, raving, distraught, frantic, hysterical, delirious, psychotic, psychopathic, mad as a hatter, mad as a march hare, away with the fairies, foaming at the mouthView synonyms
- ‘Both are fine sectionable boats, the last Olympic wooden fours class from their respective makers.’
- ‘If someone could prove categorically that he honestly believes this statement then he is quite clearly sectionable.’
- ‘I attended a parenting course to enable me to reestablish boundaries and to undergo counselling since I was almost sectionable myself by that time.’
- ‘The consultant psychiatrist said at that stage he was not sectionable and it was agreed to allow him to go home on leave.’
- ‘I noticed over my first few years that whenever MHA assessment indicated that the person in custody was 'sectionable' under the Act, they were diverted and the criminal offence was NFAd - No Further Action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.