One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Leila smiled secretively to herself, licking her pink lips.’
- ‘But she secretively smiled when Liv turned away.’
- ‘I pressed them secretively against my chest when I met a colleague outside the newsagent's.’
- ‘Far from improving Yeltsin's image, however, the war - secretively conceived and poorly planned - tarnished it further.’
- ‘Yet in reality, like nearly all their meetings, it was arranged secretively.’
- ‘But I wonder why he did it secretively, without mentioning it to me?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.