One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed by a manufacturer or retailer to pose as a shopper in order to evaluate the quality of customer service.Also called mystery shopper
- ‘‘We really were sure that we'd spot the secret shopper a mile off but we really, honestly didn't ’, she says.’
- ‘However, random secret shoppers report that orders can take between five and 10 minutes to fill and actually take longer during nonpeak operating hours.’
- ‘(Managers and secret shoppers also conduct twice weekly perception and cleanliness surveys).’
- ‘Columbus, Ohio-based Resource Marketing's secret shoppers encountered the following highs and lows on recent shopping sprees.’
- ‘They sent in secret shoppers to see how many kids could buy some of these mature-rated video games.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.