Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The second or lower part in a duet.
- ‘The MIDI accompaniment CD contains the secondo part performed on a digital keyboard with the typical electronic special effects.’
- ‘Ensemble problems are minimal; primo and secondo ranges overlap only in the last piece’
- ‘The Miniatures are inventive, charming pieces with colorful harmonic writing in the secondo part, imaginative rhythmic devices and surprising turns of phrases.’
- ‘Far from the old-style duet where the secondo is merely playing backup for the primo, this duet features a wonderful dialogue between the parts.’
- ‘Famed duet team Weekley and Arganbright have arranged each piece so the primo part is easier than the secondo, frequently with the primo part spanning only five notes in five-finger positions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.