One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To register as a candidate, nominees need have their registration form signed by a proposer, a seconder and another eight ascenters.’
- ‘They will most likely record Maloney as proposer (which he was) and Flannery as seconder (which he was not).’
- ‘Tuesday's election will hear proposers and seconders make their case for each of the three candidates before the voting.’
- ‘The failure of the motion came as a bitter blow to Mr Phelan particularly as it did not even get a seconder.’
- ‘Frank English could not find a seconder for their proposals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.