One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Frank English could not find a seconder for their proposals.’
- ‘To register as a candidate, nominees need have their registration form signed by a proposer, a seconder and another eight ascenters.’
- ‘The failure of the motion came as a bitter blow to Mr Phelan particularly as it did not even get a seconder.’
- ‘They will most likely record Maloney as proposer (which he was) and Flannery as seconder (which he was not).’
- ‘Tuesday's election will hear proposers and seconders make their case for each of the three candidates before the voting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.