One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The further treatment of sewage effluent by biological methods following sedimentation.
- ‘Most treatment plants also have secondary treatment, whereby sewage is stirred and oxygen is blown in to help beneficial bacteria breed and eat up the ‘solids.’’
- ‘This waiver allows for less than full secondary treatment of the sewage being discharged into the ocean off Huntington Beach.’
- ‘The next stage is secondary treatment, which is designed to remove soluble organics from the wastewater.’
- ‘Ecosystem damage and fish toxicity occurred downstream from mills that did not use chlorine, even in advanced mills with secondary treatment processes.’
- ‘Do most sewerage treatment plants only use secondary treatment?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.