Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The further treatment of sewage effluent by biological methods following sedimentation.
- ‘Do most sewerage treatment plants only use secondary treatment?’
- ‘Most treatment plants also have secondary treatment, whereby sewage is stirred and oxygen is blown in to help beneficial bacteria breed and eat up the ‘solids.’’
- ‘The next stage is secondary treatment, which is designed to remove soluble organics from the wastewater.’
- ‘This waiver allows for less than full secondary treatment of the sewage being discharged into the ocean off Huntington Beach.’
- ‘Ecosystem damage and fish toxicity occurred downstream from mills that did not use chlorine, even in advanced mills with secondary treatment processes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.