One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for secondhand smoke
- ‘Do you want to understand the correlation between secondary smoke and asthma in children?’
- ‘The act of breathing in this secondary smoke is called passive smoking.’
- ‘As a barman in an Edinburgh pub I had the choice of breathing in secondary smoke all night or becoming unemployed.’
- ‘We would encourage people to be aware of the dangers of passive smoking and would support any measures to reduce the risk of inhaling secondary smoke.’
- ‘He has had exposure to secondary smoke and this would somewhat increase his likelihood for primary lung cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.