One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sector of the economy concerned with or relating to primary industry.
- ‘The revisions exposed a more pronounced primary sector contraction while the secondary sector benefited from higher than estimated growth in meat processing.’
- ‘The primary sector employs 22 percent of workers, the secondary sector 28 percent, and the tertiary sector 50 percent.’
- ‘Changes are needed to provide professional leadership and economic incentives in both primary and secondary sectors.’
- ‘There has been a perception in society that the primary sector is of less worth or value than the secondary sector.’
- ‘Much of the money at the moment is poured into the primary sector in health, leaving the secondary sector in dire straits.’
- ‘Fish processing on land decreased but the rest of the sub-sectors in the secondary sector grew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.