Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Industry that converts the raw materials provided by primary industry into commodities and products for the consumer; manufacturing industry.
- ‘Their efforts to diversify their economy by the development of secondary industry have had only limited success.’
- ‘Primary and secondary industries depended upon government-funded services, infrastructure, and immigration.’
- ‘World wool prices had fallen, as had produce prices, the diamond market had fallen and secondary industry was depressed.’
- ‘If the primary industries are doing fine, that will be a stage for secondary industries to achieve growth.’
- ‘Lumber and construction are secondary industries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.