One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Industry that converts the raw materials provided by primary industry into commodities and products for the consumer; manufacturing industry.
- ‘Their efforts to diversify their economy by the development of secondary industry have had only limited success.’
- ‘Primary and secondary industries depended upon government-funded services, infrastructure, and immigration.’
- ‘If the primary industries are doing fine, that will be a stage for secondary industries to achieve growth.’
- ‘Lumber and construction are secondary industries.’
- ‘World wool prices had fallen, as had produce prices, the diamond market had fallen and secondary industry was depressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.