One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Industry that converts the raw materials provided by primary industry into commodities and products for the consumer; manufacturing industry.
- ‘Their efforts to diversify their economy by the development of secondary industry have had only limited success.’
- ‘World wool prices had fallen, as had produce prices, the diamond market had fallen and secondary industry was depressed.’
- ‘Lumber and construction are secondary industries.’
- ‘Primary and secondary industries depended upon government-funded services, infrastructure, and immigration.’
- ‘If the primary industries are doing fine, that will be a stage for secondary industries to achieve growth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.