One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the flight feathers growing from the second joint of a bird's wing.
plume, quillView synonyms
- ‘Their long, narrow primary feathers and short secondary feathers allow for rapid flight and gliding.’
- ‘Chicks hatch with well-developed primary and secondary feathers.’
- ‘The sides of the body are sometimes orange, with the primary and secondary feathers edged in lime green.’
- ‘Darwin described the secondary feathers of male Club-winged Manakins as an example of structural modifications for production of mechanical sounds.’
- ‘Bohemian Waxwings are sleek, masked birds with unusual red, waxy deposits at the tips of their secondary feathers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.