Any of the flight feathers growing from the second joint of a bird's wing.
plume, quillView synonyms
- ‘The sides of the body are sometimes orange, with the primary and secondary feathers edged in lime green.’
- ‘Chicks hatch with well-developed primary and secondary feathers.’
- ‘Darwin described the secondary feathers of male Club-winged Manakins as an example of structural modifications for production of mechanical sounds.’
- ‘Their long, narrow primary feathers and short secondary feathers allow for rapid flight and gliding.’
- ‘Bohemian Waxwings are sleek, masked birds with unusual red, waxy deposits at the tips of their secondary feathers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.