Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A color resulting from the mixing of two primary colors.
- ‘The secondary colors of pigment are the primary colors of light.’
- ‘Paint the second fish using the secondary colors.’
- ‘Each area is planted with shrubs depicting the six primary and secondary colours.’
- ‘To enhance their ability to identify primary and secondary colours, the kids are allowed to play with woollen balls.’
- ‘In the second class, we reviewed the color wheel, primary and secondary colors and then learned about complementary colors.’
secondary color/ˈsekənˌderē ˈkələr/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.