One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Industrial action by a union against a company on the grounds that does business with another company engaged in a labor dispute.
- ‘Workers and employers should have the right to organize secondary boycotts if they so choose.’
- ‘Harris says the union will ensure such a protest does not breach secondary boycott laws while protecting individual members' rights.’
- ‘It also gave the National Labor Relations Board broad powers to enjoin union actions and outlawed critical union weapons - most notably, the secondary boycott.’
- ‘With little to lose, they would be bolder about using such illegal recruitment tactics as secondary boycotts or sit-down strikes.’
- ‘Sanctions have reduced the overall attractiveness of investment in Iran, and this has been especially the case as a result of U.S. threats of secondary boycotts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.