One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A second presentation of a bill to a legislative assembly, in the US to debate committee reports and in the UK to approve the bill's general principles.
- ‘I have much pleasure in participating in this debate on the second reading of this bill.’
- ‘The most important of these are the second reading, the Committee stage, and the report stage.’
- ‘If this does not occur, the next step is for the Parliament to have its second reading of the budget.’
- ‘The Government Bill which proposes this legislation will have its second reading in Parliament in January.’
- ‘If the bill is controversial, the second reading debate is likely to occupy a full parliamentary sitting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.