One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for second mate
- ‘The second officer came back outside shielding his weapon and calling, ‘Get an ambulance!’’
- ‘The second officer, US Army Col. Ronald MacCammon, was also present throughout the coup, Venezuelan officials reported.’
- ‘A soldier turned and saluted, addressing the second officer, ‘What do we do, sir!’’
- ‘It was thought the personal account of the ship's second officer would fetch up to £30,000 at the Sotheby's event yesterday.’
- ‘Their son Ben, 23, is a second officer on a North Sea dredger.’
second officer/ˌsəkənd ˈôfəsər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.