One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extra hand in some watches and clocks that moves around to indicate the seconds.
- ‘Wear a watch that has a second hand and be sure to keep an eye on it between sets.’
- ‘I woke up in the hospital at three in the morning and I could see the second hand on the clock wasn't moving.’
- ‘The man spots another clock, where the second hand has not moved at all.’
- ‘Try positioning yourself in view of a wall clock or use a watch with a second hand or timer.’
- ‘If you use the second hand of your watch, you will need to convert minutes and seconds into a decimal value.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.