Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The prophesied return of Christ to earth at the Last Judgment.
- ‘The writer advocates the pre-millennial view of the Second Coming of Christ, but this should not be a stumbling block.’
- ‘In the early church, Latter-day Saints looked for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.’
- ‘Above all, we anticipate the ever-imminent Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.’
- ‘Most Pentecostal denominations are pre-millennial, looking forward to the Second Coming of Christ, and the Thousand-Year Reign.’
- ‘The Second Coming of Christ is largely a neglected subject in many churches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.