Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The prophesied return of Christ to earth at the Last Judgment.
- ‘Above all, we anticipate the ever-imminent Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.’
- ‘The Second Coming of Christ is largely a neglected subject in many churches.’
- ‘The writer advocates the pre-millennial view of the Second Coming of Christ, but this should not be a stumbling block.’
- ‘In the early church, Latter-day Saints looked for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.’
- ‘Most Pentecostal denominations are pre-millennial, looking forward to the Second Coming of Christ, and the Thousand-Year Reign.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.