One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small gland in the skin which secretes a lubricating oily matter (sebum) into the hair follicles to lubricate the skin and hair.
- ‘Near the hair follicle is the sebaceous gland, which is responsible for releasing sebum to fill the gaps of the cuticle cells.’
- ‘If no hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands are left, then that skin is not going to heal without a graft.’
- ‘Acne lesions arise from pilosebaceous units, which consist of sebaceous glands and small hair follicles.’
- ‘Sebaceous nevus is a congenital lesion made up of excessive sebaceous glands and malformed hair follicles.’
- ‘Radiation inhibits mitotic activity in the germinal cells of the epidermis, hair follicles, and sebaceous glands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.