A small gland in the skin which secretes a lubricating oily matter (sebum) into the hair follicles to lubricate the skin and hair.
- ‘Radiation inhibits mitotic activity in the germinal cells of the epidermis, hair follicles, and sebaceous glands.’
- ‘Acne lesions arise from pilosebaceous units, which consist of sebaceous glands and small hair follicles.’
- ‘Near the hair follicle is the sebaceous gland, which is responsible for releasing sebum to fill the gaps of the cuticle cells.’
- ‘If no hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands are left, then that skin is not going to heal without a graft.’
- ‘Sebaceous nevus is a congenital lesion made up of excessive sebaceous glands and malformed hair follicles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.