One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small gland in the skin which secretes a lubricating oily matter (sebum) into the hair follicles to lubricate the skin and hair.
- ‘If no hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands are left, then that skin is not going to heal without a graft.’
- ‘Near the hair follicle is the sebaceous gland, which is responsible for releasing sebum to fill the gaps of the cuticle cells.’
- ‘Radiation inhibits mitotic activity in the germinal cells of the epidermis, hair follicles, and sebaceous glands.’
- ‘Sebaceous nevus is a congenital lesion made up of excessive sebaceous glands and malformed hair follicles.’
- ‘Acne lesions arise from pilosebaceous units, which consist of sebaceous glands and small hair follicles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.