One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swelling in the skin arising in a sebaceous gland, typically filled with yellowish sebum.Also called wen
- ‘The initial diagnosis was a sebaceous cyst, and excision under local anaesthetic was planned, but the large size of the mass and the finding of bony fixation raised doubts.’
- ‘As the lesions enlarge, they may resemble a cellulitis, pyogenic furuncle, or an infected sebaceous cyst.’
- ‘This 69 year old woman was referred for excision of an infected sebaceous cyst on her neck.’
- ‘When an old man asks about the lump on his neck, Alberto assures him that it is just a harmless sebaceous cyst.’
- ‘People with infections requiring prolonged antibiotics were now able to get treatment at home or in the office, at a time when it was not uncommon to admit patients for sebaceous cysts or simple lacerations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.