Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ticket for a period of travel or a series of events that costs less than purchasing several separate tickets.
pass, warrant, authorization, licence, permitView synonyms
- ‘He had a season ticket for Hull City, for whom his mother works.’
- ‘Junior season ticket books cost £25 for home and away games plus cup competitions.’
- ‘Now that I am a season ticket holder, I feel like this is my team more than I ever did.’
- ‘All season ticket holders managed to get tickets, but many faced lengthy waits.’
- ‘I remember their visits to Carlisle in the 70s when I was a season ticket holder.’
- ‘She was a lifelong Bolton Wanderers supporter and as a season ticket holder was a regular spectator at all their home games.’
- ‘I had been a season ticket holder at Watford since age 10 and the game has always continued to grow on me.’
- ‘He first became a season ticket holder of the club in the 1970s, although he was born in Ilford, Essex.’
- ‘Existing season ticket holders will tell you that Burnley have the best manager in the Championship.’
- ‘Geoff enjoys his rugby league but he also likes his football and is a season ticket holder at Leeds United.’
- ‘Season ticket holders are being urged to bring their entire season ticket books with them to ensure entry to the ground.’
- ‘A swipe card was issued to all season ticket holders who had a valid paper ticket on March 31.’
- ‘Mr Kaye, 34, who lives in Leeds, is a season ticket holder and has been a supporter since he was seven.’
- ‘If this isn't resolved I won't be renewing my season ticket, despite being a supporter for 30 years.’
- ‘I'd also like to say how pleased I am for my ex-boyfriend, who's a season ticket holder at Stamford Bridge.’
- ‘Businesses and individual supporters are asked to support the club by purchasing a season ticket.’
- ‘Booking is available for the three events and a season ticket is available.’
- ‘The typical payment which raises a question of time apportionment is the purchase of a season ticket.’
- ‘He was a big football fan and a season ticket holder at Manchester United.’
- ‘His hobbies included shooting, fishing and watching Burnley FC as a season ticket holder.’
season ticket/ˈˌsēzən ˈˌtikit/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.