One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal document authorizing a police officer or other official to enter and search premises.
- ‘He criticised the minister's proposal to allow only Garda inspectors obtain a search warrant from a district judge.’
- ‘My client was in hospital at the time that they executed the search warrant.’
- ‘However when a search warrant was executed, they found a piece of blade on the dresser.’
- ‘The Mounties also executed a search warrant after the arrest was completed.’
- ‘This appears to recognize an exception in certain circumstances to the requirement of a search warrant.’
- ‘For example, the police may not, unless invited, enter a person's premises without a search warrant.’
- ‘Police executed a search warrant under the firearms act on a house in South Ronaldsay on Wednesday night.’
- ‘If there is a crime committed and the police go in with a search warrant, they just seize whatever is relevant.’
- ‘The officers ought to have obtained a search warrant before entering the Appellant's residence.’
- ‘The Court officials can enter premises for searching purposes with a search warrant issued by the Court.’
- ‘West Vancouver police executed a search warrant on the residence later that day.’
- ‘It is the Crown who has instituted the charges and it is the Crown who sought and obtained the search warrant for the documents.’
- ‘The birds were found after a search warrant was executed by police and officials of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.’
- ‘Information was passed to West Yorkshire Police and a search warrant was executed at Johnson's home last November.’
- ‘His role is to provide that assistance which is necessary to the peace officers executing the search warrant.’
- ‘Since 1987 police can get a search warrant on the word of an informant who does not even have to be named.’
- ‘The search warrant and related documents were placed under seal by a judge.’
- ‘They informed the police who obtained a search warrant and raided Royle's former Chippenham home, seizing a second computer.’
- ‘Thirty minutes later the police executed a search warrant.’
- ‘The section allows the police to obtain a search warrant from a justice of the peace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.