One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of people organized to look for someone or something that is lost.
- ‘So when this happened, she didn't expect to have 200 people show up at the Carriage Club retirement village to be part of a search party.’
- ‘A parental search party found us shivering and cowering in the scrub and marched us back to civilisation.’
- ‘A heated debate ensues and a search party is dispatched.’
- ‘The material put up around the walls will keep you amused long enough for other patrons to consider organising a search party.’
- ‘A search party is organised to locate her and she is eventually found and brought home.’
- ‘A search party of 200 local people and mountain rescuers continued to hunt for the child into this morning.’
- ‘A search party soon set off in the gathering dusk.’
- ‘A police search party found them still in the tree 22 hours later.’
- ‘She said they dispatched a search party of four canoes.’
- ‘Erik's father had organized a search party, and was out still with the group.’
- ‘A search party found his body, and that of the doctor, floating in the shallow waters of nearby Lake Starnberg.’
- ‘Do lost people have to pay for the expense of their search party?’
- ‘While search was in progress terrorists opened fire when they found themselves trapped by the search party.’
- ‘If I'm not back tomorrow send out the search party.’
- ‘My family wouldn't even have called out a search party yet.’
- ‘All teams returned safely and a search party was not required to find the girls team who played a good game of golf.’
- ‘A military search party found her body on the trail around midnight.’
- ‘We don't yet have all the answers, but 50,000 Europeans have now joined the search party.’
- ‘The man, believed to be 35, was found alive but unconscious by a search party early yesterday morning.’
- ‘He was with a search party of Currane people on Sept 13 when some human bones and clothes were found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.