One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-scale transportation of troops, supplies, and equipment by sea.
- ‘The fusion of airlift, sealift, and prepositioning elements produces an effective lift capability for the operational commanders.’
- ‘It oversees the Army's prepositioned stocks and is a component of the strategic mobility triad of airlift, sealift, and global prepositioning.’
- ‘By the 1980s, the link between commercial shipping and military support had been all but broken by changes in sealift requirements.’
- ‘Even a Navy fast sealift ship in the area is dispatched to the Atlantic range as a floating command post, if needed.’
- ‘Those speedy boats sealift the payload into Caribbean nations for later delivery to their biggest consumer nation - the United States.’
- ‘This vital supply route significantly reduces airlift and sealift cost.’
- ‘After sending Hunter Brigade, I recommend that you put airlift and sealift resources on full alert.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.