One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-scale transportation of troops, supplies, and equipment by sea.
- ‘Those speedy boats sealift the payload into Caribbean nations for later delivery to their biggest consumer nation - the United States.’
- ‘Even a Navy fast sealift ship in the area is dispatched to the Atlantic range as a floating command post, if needed.’
- ‘The fusion of airlift, sealift, and prepositioning elements produces an effective lift capability for the operational commanders.’
- ‘This vital supply route significantly reduces airlift and sealift cost.’
- ‘It oversees the Army's prepositioned stocks and is a component of the strategic mobility triad of airlift, sealift, and global prepositioning.’
- ‘After sending Hunter Brigade, I recommend that you put airlift and sealift resources on full alert.’
- ‘By the 1980s, the link between commercial shipping and military support had been all but broken by changes in sealift requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.