One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A finger ring with a seal for impressing sealing wax.
- ‘The retail side of his trade, however, presented much more of a Dickensian jumble with seal rings, English china, snuff boxes, and walking sticks.’
- ‘Gold and glass bracelets, necklaces, pieces of jewelry, seal rings, incense containers, silverware, perfume bottles… Each piece is a wonderful work of art.’
- ‘The baron pressed the ornate seal ring on his finger, and clenched his fist.’
- ‘He wore a heavy seal ring on the little finger of the left hand.’
- ‘The gold seal ring, which Pippa had told me about, meant that whoever her attacker was, he was a wealthy, powerful one.’
seal ring/ˈsē(ə)l ˌriNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.