(of a person) traveling by sea, especially regularly.
maritime, nautical, naval, seagoing, pelagic, seapelagianView synonyms
- ‘And as a seafaring nation, what better excuse than celebrating the ocean itself?’
- ‘We've lost the solid reputation developed over generations as a seafaring nation.’
- ‘Even in wartime, seafaring families of the nineteenth century lived in a world apart.’
The practice of traveling by sea, especially regularly.
- ‘However the Heritage Association has kept the village seafaring traditions alive through special events.’
- ‘To my immense surprise, I got enveloped in the seafaring adventure of the book.’
- ‘He returned home to a hero's welcome and fleeting celebrity in the best Orcadian seafaring tradition.’
- ‘In 1580 the two great Iberian sea-faring nations, Spain and Portugal, united.’
- ‘The fact that they never developed any seafaring tradition may be a significant factor.’