One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region bordering the sea; the coastline.‘the eastern seaboard of the U.S’
seashore, seaside, beach, coast, coastal region, sea coast, bank, lakeside, verge, edge, shoreline, waterside, front, shoreside, foreshore, sand, sandsView synonyms
- ‘Thus, we start in the polar ice and tundra, move on to grasslands, thence to rain forests and marshes, then uplands, seaboards and maritime civilisations.’
- ‘Of course, the most important constituency to which the league appealed was the Irish-speaking population concentrated on the western and southern seaboards of the island.’
- ‘The eastern seaboards of North America, Australia, and Asia can be particularly vulnerable if this occurs.’
- ‘In the United States, >80% of Lyme disease cases occurred in the northeastern and mid-Atlantic seaboards.’
- ‘The seaboards face ever-increasing pressure as more and more Australians move to the coast, and the Great Barrier Reef already has suffered substantial damage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.