One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region bordering the sea; the coastline.‘the eastern seaboard of the U.S’
seashore, seaside, beach, coast, coastal region, sea coast, bank, lakeside, verge, edge, shoreline, waterside, front, shoreside, foreshore, sand, sandsView synonyms
- ‘The seaboards face ever-increasing pressure as more and more Australians move to the coast, and the Great Barrier Reef already has suffered substantial damage.’
- ‘Of course, the most important constituency to which the league appealed was the Irish-speaking population concentrated on the western and southern seaboards of the island.’
- ‘Thus, we start in the polar ice and tundra, move on to grasslands, thence to rain forests and marshes, then uplands, seaboards and maritime civilisations.’
- ‘The eastern seaboards of North America, Australia, and Asia can be particularly vulnerable if this occurs.’
- ‘In the United States, >80% of Lyme disease cases occurred in the northeastern and mid-Atlantic seaboards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.