A box jellyfish that can inflict a dangerous sting.
- ‘The sea wasp was dramatic proof that there were still dangerous unknown creatures to be discovered and studied.’
- ‘We Brits and the crew preferred full suits, which proved their use after a night dive on which we had to pass through a layer of stinging sea wasps drawn in by the lights of our torches.’
- ‘Australia is host to the most venomous marine creatures in the world, but the sting from a box jellyfish, or sea wasp, is definitely one to avoid.’
- ‘The product reportedly proved largely successful against the sting of the sea wasp, a type of box jelly.’
- ‘Known also as the sea wasp and the marine stinger, box jellyfish have killed about 65 people in the past century.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.