One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spider-like marine arachnid that has a narrow segmented body with a minute abdomen and long legs.
- ‘We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.’
- ‘His thesis was done on the embryology of the Pycnogonidae, the sea spiders, based on material collected here at Woods Hole.’
- ‘Fish life is limited, although there are usually lots of crabs and sea spiders scuttling around.’
- ‘In reality, a yellow sea spider standing on the bottom is in motion, tiptoeing incrementally from here to there, making, at best, a centimeter an hour.’
- ‘Literature of the past century states that sea spiders, a group with unresolved arthropod affinities, lack an excretory system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.