One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spiderlike marine arachnid that has a narrow segmented body with a minute abdomen and long legs.
- ‘Literature of the past century states that sea spiders, a group with unresolved arthropod affinities, lack an excretory system.’
- ‘We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.’
- ‘In reality, a yellow sea spider standing on the bottom is in motion, tiptoeing incrementally from here to there, making, at best, a centimeter an hour.’
- ‘Fish life is limited, although there are usually lots of crabs and sea spiders scuttling around.’
- ‘His thesis was done on the embryology of the Pycnogonidae, the sea spiders, based on material collected here at Woods Hole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.