One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A marine mollusk, especially one with a spiral shell.
- ‘They comb the sea floor for sea snails, oysters and mussels.’
- ‘In Thule, the third most important prey by weight was the bottom-living sea snail, Liparis spp.’
- ‘Vietnam is home to a sea snail that in the process of constructing its house forms extremely rare orange melo pearls.’
- ‘For a while she assisted in his research on the nervous system of a sea snail.’
- ‘The two national dishes are conch, an easily collected sea snail, rice, and peas.’
2another term for snailfish
- ‘Waren said that when he first examined the sea snail, the animal's magnetized scales kept sticking to his forceps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.