One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A participant in a program to train Explorer Scouts in seamanship.
- ‘The man repairing the drum must have been a Sea Scout because he is jury-rigging the problem with his Leatherman pocket tool.’
- ‘The Sea Scouts have a fleet of dinghies but this will mean I can practise in my spare time.’
- ‘‘I still think about it,’ says May, who began boating in the Los Angeles area as a teenager in Sea Scouts.’
- ‘Five American Sea Scouts teamed up with six British scouts on a week-long canal boat cruise outside of Birmingham, England.’
- ‘I know, because I spent almost 10 years as a Sea Scout, and have seen from where it comes and to where it goes.’
Sea Scout/ˈsē ˌskout/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.