One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Salt produced by the evaporation of seawater.
sodium chlorideView synonyms
- ‘Mix the olive oil, crushed chillies and thyme leaves with sea salt and black pepper.’
- ‘Season salmon skin with grains of paradise, red sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.’
- ‘Drain well and toss with a little extra butter, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.’
- ‘Mix the chilli powder with a teaspoon of sea salt, then sprinkle this mix on each side of the racks.’
- ‘After all this talk of salt, Jane produces a packet of Maldon sea salt to sprinkle over them.’
sea salt/ˈsē ˌsôlt/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.