One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, stinging jellyfish.
- ‘They fight the weather, the sea nettles, and those pesky jellyfish that work their way into the crabpots and can sting - hard.’
- ‘‘We want to estimate in real time where sea nettles are, and when,’ said Christopher Brown, the co-author who initiated the project.’
- ‘True to its common name, the East Coast sea nettle, Chrysaora quinquecirrha, lives along the United States' eastern shore and plagues swimmers with painful welts.’
- ‘Seen at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, delicate sea nettle jellyfish are creatures of grace and beauty - a fragile part of a complex ecosystem.’
- ‘Regions of the Chesapeake Bay can be notorious hotbeds for the sea nettle, Chrysaora quinuecirrha - a jellyfish with a veil of transparent stinging tentacles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.