One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A venomous sea snake with a compressed tail, occurring in tropical coastal waters of the eastern Indian Ocean and western Pacific, coming ashore to bask and breed.
Genus Laticauda, family Elapidae: two species
- ‘‘The yellow-lipped sea krait is so tame and docile that the venomous animals can be collected by the handful,’ says the reptile ecologist, pictured on the left.’
- ‘Most sea snakes bear their young live in the water, but the banded sea krait lays eggs on land, either on the sand or just under it.’
- ‘The banded sea krait comes to the shore for laying eggs.’
- ‘Included in the data set were all the available sea snake and sea krait sequences and representative terrestrial snake sequences.’
- ‘However, in some areas, snakes such as the yellow-lipped sea krait, Laticauda colubrina, have been heavily exploited by the international leather industry.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.