One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sea slug which has a minute internal shell and lateral extensions to the foot. Most species can swim, and many secrete distasteful chemicals to deter predators.
- ‘Less mobile residents include several species of nudibranchs and sea hares, which are numerous in the early spring.’
- ‘The drama can be witnessed when the sea hares are breeding, and large congregations of this common slug attract the handsome predators.’
- ‘If you look carefully, there is a good chance of spotting nudibranchs and sea hares.’
- ‘We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.’
- ‘In March the beds are also covered in red, white and yellow ribbons - the spawn from thousands of sea lemons and sea hares that make an annual excursion to this area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.