One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An echinoderm that has a thick wormlike body with tentacles around the mouth. They typically have rows of tube feet along the body and breathe by means of a respiratory tree.
- ‘Not an unusual order in Japan, where aficionados of raw and pickled sea cucumber (a plankton-feeding marine invertebrate that looks a little like a pickle) enjoy theirs with beer.’
- ‘One end of the sea cucumber is its mouth, recognizable by a fringe of tentacles.’
- ‘The sam sun cham pong is amped up with even more deluxe seafood, including crisp slices of glossy sea cucumber.’
- ‘The salted and cured viscera of the Selenka sea cucumber, considered a delicacy of Japanese cuisine, is very expensive and difficult to find in the United States.’
- ‘First, the skin of the sea cucumber is removed to avoid its bitter taste.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.