(of a migratory fish, especially a trout or salmon) having returned to the sea after spawning.
- ‘A batch of eggs from sea-run salmon caught in the UK were incubated at the Fisheries Department.’
- ‘Brook trout that take to the sea are called sea-run trout, salters, or coasters and are considered anadromous, similar to salmon.’
- ‘Clearly, the nod from the Minister signified that sea-run trout is defined as freshwater fish, so it cannot be farmed in the sea.’
- ‘Brown trout of sea-run strain have been purposefully stocked in Connecticut.’
- ‘When dams go, sea-run fish return.’