One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a lazy reflex to draw congruencies between a writer's manner and their prose, but her paragraphs have the same scrupulousness, the same deliberate observation.’
- ‘And yet its very scrupulousness blunts the impact.’
- ‘Invariably, FDA's scrupulousness has benefited science and saved millions of lives.’
- ‘His turning to God first showed itself in a new scrupulousness in morals.’
- ‘They feel they have to make some worthy comment, treat the city with some kind of moral scrupulousness and say something appropriate.’
- ‘Rather, it was a stormy month of shifting positions, escalating tactics and fraying tempers in which neither side won any awards for consistency or scrupulousness.’
- ‘Such moral scrupulousness and lack of compromise is regarded as an essential fruit of salvation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.