One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather, it was a stormy month of shifting positions, escalating tactics and fraying tempers in which neither side won any awards for consistency or scrupulousness.’
- ‘It's a lazy reflex to draw congruencies between a writer's manner and their prose, but her paragraphs have the same scrupulousness, the same deliberate observation.’
- ‘They feel they have to make some worthy comment, treat the city with some kind of moral scrupulousness and say something appropriate.’
- ‘Invariably, FDA's scrupulousness has benefited science and saved millions of lives.’
- ‘Such moral scrupulousness and lack of compromise is regarded as an essential fruit of salvation.’
- ‘And yet its very scrupulousness blunts the impact.’
- ‘His turning to God first showed itself in a new scrupulousness in morals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.