One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circular band of fabric-covered elastic used for fastening the hair.
- ‘Traditionally scrunchies consist of a circular elastic band completely encased by a piece of gathered fabric designed to produce a pouffy look.’
- ‘In addition to scrub tops, Scrubs Key West offers coordinating jackets, pants, surgical caps and scrunchies.’
- ‘I took two scrunchies and tied my long hair into two big ponytails.’
- ‘It didn't take me long to find some hair stuff to straighten my hair and I gathered so many hair scrunchies it didn't make sense.’
- ‘Over 100 styles of wigs, Falls, ¾ caps, ponytails, pony tail wraps and scrunchies to choose.’
- ‘Carly had even taken a pair of scrunchies and tied Yelina's hair in pig-tails.’
- ‘Her long hair was unrestrained by any scrunchies or finger traps, but her face bore the same sneaky smile.’
- ‘Sammi rushed over to them dressed in her favorite leather, purple skirt with her streaked hair tied into two big ponytails with scrunchies.’
- ‘To be in stores early next year, the Cover Girl / Goody line will feature 50-plus SKUs, including such styling and fashion accessories as barrettes, scrunchies, headbands and compact mirrors.’
- ‘She breathed in the fresh air, untainted by the smell of bat guano, and began following the trail she had marked earlier with hair scrunchies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.