One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He weighs in 18 st 5lbs and stands 6ft 1in and is highly rated both as a scrummager and as a loose forward.’
- ‘He returned a year later and under the guidance and coaching of Jimmy Colton developed into an outstanding open side prop forward, proving to be a fine scrummager and ball-getter.’
- ‘He recalled the promising Carl Hayman from the international wilderness last year and has turned the 6ft 3ins, 19-stone hard man into one of the world's great destructive scrummagers.’
- ‘As out-and-out scrummagers, they are probably not as strong as the English, but until now they have always been competitive at the international level.’
- ‘Sheridan, Steve Thompson and Julian White are not only formidable scrummagers, they are usually dynamic players in the loose whose sheer athletic bulk is the platform for so many English attacks.’
- ‘There seemed to be experienced scrummagers everywhere.’
- ‘Although this was the first of several disciplinary incidents in Mendez's career, he was regarded as one of the game's best scrummagers, equally comfortable at prop or hooker.’
- ‘Fylde were strong scrummagers, but when they got close to the tryline in the 36th minute the home side wheeled them around to regain the ball and clear their lines.’
- ‘He is one of the best scrummagers around and he is no mug in the loose either.’
- ‘Neither England, Wales or Ireland have a scrummager to strike fear into the best front rows in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.