One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He recalled the promising Carl Hayman from the international wilderness last year and has turned the 6ft 3ins, 19-stone hard man into one of the world's great destructive scrummagers.’
- ‘Neither England, Wales or Ireland have a scrummager to strike fear into the best front rows in the world.’
- ‘He weighs in 18 st 5lbs and stands 6ft 1in and is highly rated both as a scrummager and as a loose forward.’
- ‘There seemed to be experienced scrummagers everywhere.’
- ‘He is one of the best scrummagers around and he is no mug in the loose either.’
- ‘He returned a year later and under the guidance and coaching of Jimmy Colton developed into an outstanding open side prop forward, proving to be a fine scrummager and ball-getter.’
- ‘As out-and-out scrummagers, they are probably not as strong as the English, but until now they have always been competitive at the international level.’
- ‘Although this was the first of several disciplinary incidents in Mendez's career, he was regarded as one of the game's best scrummagers, equally comfortable at prop or hooker.’
- ‘Sheridan, Steve Thompson and Julian White are not only formidable scrummagers, they are usually dynamic players in the loose whose sheer athletic bulk is the platform for so many English attacks.’
- ‘Fylde were strong scrummagers, but when they got close to the tryline in the 36th minute the home side wheeled them around to regain the ball and clear their lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.