One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His bag and jacket were shiny, his top button done up, his tie scruffily fitted.’
- ‘This resulted in a situation where the higher up the management ladder you are, the more scruffily you dress at work.’
- ‘The accomplice who sneaked in is believed to be around 30 and scruffily dressed.’
- ‘The city swarms with scruffily dressed and, largely, scruffily mannered young people.’
- ‘A woman is approached in the street by a scruffily dressed youth who opens his mouth - and asks for directions to the local mosque.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.