Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rickettsial disease transmitted to humans by mites and found in parts of eastern Asia.Also called tsutsugamushi disease
- ‘Non-battle casualties exceeded 7,000, most of whom suffered from scrub typhus or an undiagnosed fever.’
- ‘He treated many infectious diseases, including scrub typhus, the subject of his MD thesis.’
- ‘I mean, I got scrub typhus, malaria, and had arrows pointed at me, had planes with motors fail, and all this sort of stuff, just to collect this material so that we would have that knowledge.’
- ‘The use of repellents for prevention of scrub typhus is a well accepted personal proplylactic measure.’
- ‘He played a major part in fighting malaria, dysentery, and scrub typhus, and was mentioned in despatches and awarded the OBE.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.