One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rickettsial disease transmitted to humans by mites and found in parts of eastern Asia.Also called tsutsugamushi disease
- ‘Non-battle casualties exceeded 7,000, most of whom suffered from scrub typhus or an undiagnosed fever.’
- ‘He played a major part in fighting malaria, dysentery, and scrub typhus, and was mentioned in despatches and awarded the OBE.’
- ‘I mean, I got scrub typhus, malaria, and had arrows pointed at me, had planes with motors fail, and all this sort of stuff, just to collect this material so that we would have that knowledge.’
- ‘He treated many infectious diseases, including scrub typhus, the subject of his MD thesis.’
- ‘The use of repellents for prevention of scrub typhus is a well accepted personal proplylactic measure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.