One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of moving displayed text or graphics up, down, or across on a computer screen in order to view different parts of them.
- ‘Incidentally the website is based, as you discover rather late in the day, on horizontal scrolling.’
- ‘So there is no excuse for irritating scrolling of text up and down, especially when it's for quite small distances.’
- ‘Because parts are categorized, finding an item doesn't require extensive searching or scrolling.’
attributive (of an ornamental design or carving) made to resemble a partly unrolled scroll of parchment.‘a pair of bath supports with scrolling vines’
- ‘Elsewhere, passages become more complex, with a subtle, scrolling pattern resembling rubbings from incised stone.’
- ‘The scrolling brass inlay on this cup is a relatively unusual feature although German tankards were occasionally decorated the same way.’
- ‘The field is patterned with flowering trees and Mughal-style angels or peris and there is a wide border with a scrolling design of flowers and birds.’
- ‘Its rich deep border was a riot of scrolling acanthus, shells and stylised fountains.’
- ‘The Ashburnham hangings are based primarily on English crewel work bed hangings with more freely scrolling tree designs than is found in Mughal floorspreads.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.